Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's funny, this being poor thing. When you have just a spare $20 you feel on top of the world. It's almost a miracle that you can manage to save $20 to spend however you want. Should I buy a snack, should I buy a book, should I just save it so that it'll be spent on things later that it probably should be spent on instead? I ended up buying beer for the first time in 8 months last week. It was only a 6 pack, but with the football playoffs starting I felt like I needed some beer for it. I was wrong. It turns out that not only do you have to aqcuire a taste for beer when you first start drinking it, you have to continually drink beer to keep that acquired taste. I've had maybe a beer every other month since July so this was the first time in a while that I managed to drink a few beers in a weekend and they tasted pretty assy. Maybe I just can't drink beer alone. Beer always seems to taste better when in the company of others. Unfortunately for me that's part of why I haven't drank much beer since July, I have nobody to drink with. Maybe I should make internet friends to drink with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home