Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today is an exciting day in The Lonely Worker's world. Well maybe not so much exciting as it is relieving. It only took 2 years but I'm finally employed at a real job with a decent wage and benefits and everything. It's sad how much I've let money control me for so long and how so many people have to do such things. This is going to make life so much easier. It's going to be the little things that are going to make a difference. I'll talk about things I've had to give up or do to keep myself afloat down the road I'm sure but I'll be damned if I can't enjoy life at least a little bit more now. For example I've only had one towel to dry myself with after a shower for the past year. Disgusting I know, but now I'll finally get that second towel, and even a third and a fourth. I can get new vaccuum bags. I can get paper towels. It's the little things like that that I've been missing out for so long now that I can finally afford again and it's such a relief. Not to mention my confidence has gone up tenfold in the past 12 hours. I'm doing the same job as I've been doing for 5 months now, but I'm so much happier now that I actually can afford life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home