Monday, April 5, 2010

Strings That Tie To You

My friend is dead. Someone texted me the news at 1am this morning. That is a shitty way to find out. He passed away sometime this past evening. I'm not sure where and I'm not sure how. I do know he's spent the past few weeks sleeping over 20 hours a week. I guess I should've seen it coming this soon. His family was told he had about 3 months left just over a month ago, but you never know with cancer. I should've seen him more. He always looked genuinely happy to see us when we went to visit him. It also really helped out the family. Over the past few years I've actually been closer with his brother then I have with my friend. I hope it doesn't hit him too hard. They knew the odds weren't in his favour so hopefully the family will be able to cope. I've only ever known one person that has died before, and that was someone I was a friend with in grades 3-8 and then died after about 5 years after that. He became someone else and I became someone else as tends to happen and we grew up. I never knew him as a maturing adult, only as a kid. He died from cancer to. The one thing I've never had to experience is losing someone for a tradition. I'm sure I'll be able to accept someone close's death, but I don't know how I'll feel when a birthday comes along, or christmas, or other holidays. Those will be tough days. For 27 years I haven't lost a family member. I can't imagine going to my parents for christmas and not having one of my family members there. The family is christmas, not the day. God, those first holidays without my friend must be hell for his family. I hope they had a chance to say goodbye before he left. RIP divy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home