Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cause=Time

What`s more important, celebrating a life achievement or being there for someone who has very little time in life left. Clearly the latter should be of more significance, but I went and did the former. I`ve had this saturday night booked for a month and a half where I, along with my brother, sister and brother in law, were to take out my parents for their anniversary, and then when my mother found out about it suggested we go bowling afterwards. Then this past thursday I found out that I`m wanted to visit my friend with cancer on saturday, who has gotten severely worse since I last saw him and is on his last month or two of life, or so the doctors think. I probably should`ve gone to visit my friend, but then again family is more important. But family would understand. It wasn`t just the anniversary dinner and bowling though, my sister just bought a new house so I wanted to see it, and I love their puppy and haven`t seen it since christmas so I needed to see their dog as well. Hell, I haven`t even seen my parents since christmas. In case you need reminding I don`t do a damn thing with my spare time, so when two things come up it really puts me in a pickle. I`m trying to think this all through in my head to see if I did the right thing. I know I didn`t and I`m trying to make excuses good enough to justify it but there`s just no justification. My friend is dying and I should`ve went to visit him. Fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home