Sunday, February 7, 2010

If you've seen the movie (500) days of summer then you'll understand that my whole life has been the reality scene and has never verged on anything as promising as the expectations scene. I'm the friend of Joseph Gordon-Levitt who hasn't had a girlfriend since grade 3 and that was for 2 weeks. I remember in grade 7 when a new girl moved into town and my younger brother started taking piano lessons from her mom, so the girl, lets call her Peggy, knew me through him. Peggy liked me but of course back then you couldn't go right out and say that and you had to have friends help you. So one day I was playing chess against a friend (I was nerdy even back then), and one of Peggy's friend came up to me and said that Peggy wanted to talk to me. She knew, I knew, my friend knew, everyone knew it was because she was about to ask me out, but I was horribly shy and terrified at the idea of it so I said I can't until I'm done my game of chess. My friend, thinking he's being a good friend and trying to hook me up, knocks his king over and says I win. So I go over to where Peggy is, and she's with a couple more friends and she goes ahead and asks me out. If someone were to do this now, I'd have to applaud her for the courage she had to do such a deed. I can't do this, but that's why I'm the lonely worker with no self-confidence and years of depression (probably). So she asks me out and I'm just in shock, I knew she liked me but I didn't think she'd do anything about it and it would go away because I'm an idiot. How do I respond to this you're probably wondering by now. Well I basically shout no! to her face and turn tail and run away extremely red faced and embarassed, again, because I'm an idiot. I can only imagine how that made her feel. I felt like shit but I bet she felt much worse then me and I've been sorry about it ever since. Of course the awkward part is that I had to go to school with her for the next 6 years after that, and all through high school she was super hot. Oh well. If someone were to ask me out now I'm not sure I'd act much different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home