Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yesterday I worked 4 hours of overtime and realized I made more in those 4 hours then I did in an 8 hour shift just a couple of weeks ago. That's fucked up. I remember when I was ridiculously poor and couldn't afford a single hour off (and I'm sure everyone else at work was close to the same way) and every day for about a month 2 people would have to go home 4 hours early because we had too many people. I was the only person that was neither sent nor volunteered to go home early. There were a couple of times where it was my 'turn' and I would be told I had to go home if no one else volunteered, but thankfully someone would volunteer and I could afford to eat that week without having to sell what few possessions I have left to make grocery money. There was a time in my life when I had well over 100 dvd's worth a couple of thousand dollars or so, but over the past year and a bit I've had to sell all but about the 15 I have left to pay for life. Some weeks I would only need grocery money so I would sell the movies I don't care for anymore, some weeks I would need a more substantial amount of money to pay for rent/car/insurance so I would have to sell my more valuable items. Of my couple thousands I spent on dvd's, I probably got $500 back for it. I've sold video games, books, a tv, anything I thought would sell fast enough for me to pay my bills. I can't regret it though, it was neccessary. I had to do it. But here's the kicker for how stupid I am. Now that I'm making decent money again what's the first thing I'm thinking of getting? A season or two of That 70's Show on dvd. I have a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home