Thursday, January 28, 2010

Live and let die. Life can be a fucked up thing. I just found out that someone I'm working with literally killed a man and is under house arrest. He has a wife and kids, is a very nice guy, but a few years he ran someone over and killed him. Apparently witnesses say that the guy that got killed and my co-worker were arguing earlier and the family of the victim wanted my co-worker to go to jail because they think he did it on purpose. It's weird the things you learn about people. Speaking of life being fucked up and death and all that, I'm going to visit an old friend that has some rare cancer that doesn't seem to want to go away, leaving my friend in a state of depression. I saw him a while back when things weren't as bad and though he didn't exactly seem happy, it didn't seem like the end was coming. It seemed like there was a hint of optimism about the future. Now it seems much worse. Cancer has spread to his vocal chords so he can't talk at the moment, he's having chemo every other week as opposed to every three weeks, and he's in Toronto instead of KW. I'm not sure what to do or say to a friend who can't speak back but is totally aware of what you're doing. Especially to a friend that I've only seen a few times in the past year. I'm totally out of my element here. Cancer at 27. Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home